Nowadays batteries are an important part of our lives. Most of the modern devices use types of lithium-ion batteries which have the best performance at the moment. It is better for the environment and it is better for your pocket if you take good care of the batteries.
These simple rules will help you to get the most of your batteries :
1. One of the most important things is not to fully discharge your battery and leave it like this for long period of time. If so, it will start losing its capacity much faster than when it is in use or when stored with around half charge inside. Also, for safety reasons, do not recharge deeply discharged lithium-ion batteries if they have been stored in that condition for several months.
2. Batteries like normal temperatures, keep them away from the sun, the heat and the freezing cold. Avoid leaving them in a car under the sun. The temperature inside a car in the summer goes much higher than outside and if your battery is inside this is bad for its life.
3. If for some reason you need to leave your device without using it for some time, best is to store it with battery at 40 % charge. New researches show that this is the optimal percentage for storing batteries.
4. The so-called ultra-fast chargers may also reduce battery life. If you are not in a hurry it is better to charge your battery with the original normal charger.
5. If there is an option think about getting a higher-capacity lithium-ion battery, rather than buying a spare one. Batteries decrease performance, whether they’re being used or not. So a spare battery won’t last a lot longer than the one in use, when buying a new one, make sure to ask for ones with the most recent manufacturing date.
6. You should not think so much about it, but this is what experts say about how to use the batteries to get the most of them. Best is to operate them between 85 % and 25 % of charge, this provides a longer service life.
7. In some batteries it is possible the continuous partial discharges to create a condition called digital memory, decreasing its performance. If you notice a battery does not give you same results as before, you can try this – let the battery discharge to the cut-off point and then fully recharge right away.
Important info coming from the makers and riders. When the battery is full avoid going downhill and using the regenerative brake – this is bad for the battery and much worse is that it can result in breaking not functioning.
– Never leave your battery fully discharged.
– If possible avoid full discharges and if this happens don’t leave your battery suffering empty, give it some charge soon : )
– Avoid high temperatures and very cold ones too.
– When storing for a long time don’t charge to 100%, instead keep the battery at 40% charge, this is the optimal % for storing.